Thursday, December 22, 2011

Last Minute Gift Wrapping Ideas

I love gift wrapping and I wanted to share a few (last minute, I supposed) wrapping ideas and inspiration photos. Hopefully it'll make it look like you spend a lot of time on wrapping your gifts ^o^

Firstly, here are a few things I did this year. I always wrap my stuff in kraft paper (unless it's impossible to wrap, then that's what gift bags are for). A more muted paper base makes it easily for decorations like berry sprigs or rich satin bows to stand out. Plus it gives gifts that nostalgic "brown paper packages" feel. 

For name tags, I cut out rounded rectangles from paper shopping bags (so they wouldn't curl) and stamped a pine cone spring in white ink, then wrote names on top with a thin ink pen. The string was twisted red and white thread that I got this a box of vintage ribbon and lace. If you're lucky, you may be able to find Christmas themed doilies (the ones I used have poinsettias printed on them)

Decoration ideas:
  • Satin ribbons
  • Lace
  • Ric-rac
  • Velvet ribbon
  • Yarn
  • Stamps on kraft paper 
  • Tiny bells
  • Sheet music
  • Red gingham paper or fabric
  • Draw designs with paint pen or ink pen 
  • Vintage photographs or illustrations
  • Fake berry, pine cone or evergreen (or even real evergreen) sprigs
  • Red & white "candy cane" twine
  • Paper doilies
  • Deco/washi tape 
  • Tiny paper triangle garlands
  • Small glittery ornaments
  • Search online for free printable gift tags 
  • Package tags

I'm sure this smells wonderful
The designs were made with sharpie and white-out


Drawn with pain pens

Fruit and veggie mesh!
 I hope this was helpful. Happy wrapping!

No comments:

Post a Comment