Autumn is the season of mori! The season to celebrate the forest and start layering your look. Here listed are a few simple ideas to inspire your every day mori-girl (or guy)!
- Go acorn hunting! Prepare a pretty basket or treasure pouch and collect acorns of different shapes and sizes. Use them for decoration or add them to your ourfit.
- Collect oak or other large autumn-esque leaves and string them into a garland. Hang it above your window, bed or mirror.
- As the weather gets chillier, faux fur is a smart and cute way to add layer to your look. Add a faux fur caplet or collar like this one to your outfit. Bonus points if it's spotted! (If anyone finds spotted fur like a fawn's, please tell me)!
- Consider adding a crochet lace collar to your outfit. Something like this would work beautifully.
- If you live in an area that grows apples, why not take a trip to an apple orchard? Not only is it a beautiful backdrop for photos, but you can also make many delicious treats with your basket of goodies!
- Take a trip to a forest, or maybe just your backyard. Bring your camera and look for little ferns, moss and maybe a critter or do. Perhaps an outfit shot as well?
- Start thinking of scarves, mittens, earmuffs and other winter accessories. Try making a light scarf by sewing together lace doilies.
- Dress up in a mori-themed costume for Halloween! Perhaps little red riding hood, a wolf, scarecrow deer, rabbit, owl or woodland nymph.
- Decorate your space with unique varieties of pumpkins and other autumn gourds.